Members would be aware that Premier, Steven Marshall announced updated COVID-19 restrictions yesterday that will come into effect from 12am Sunday 22 November. Thankfully, the current lockdown will end and the course and clubhouse can re-open for member use from Sunday 22 November, with the following changes implemented to ensure the safety and well-being of members and staff.
- The course will re-open for social golf only from Sunday 22 November, with handicapping available on request (Competition golf remains cancelled until the Government and SA Police update their position on community sports)
- Timesheets will remain as opening 8 days in advance with social golf played in groups of 4 at 7 minute, 8 minute or 10 minute intervals (applicable to the day of play)
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers
- Pool noodles have been attached to the bottom of the flagsticks on course for easier ball access. We ask that you remove the ball from the hole with your gloved hand and please leave the flag stick in at all times on the course
- Flagsticks have been removed from practice greens
- Members must have a tee time booked prior to arriving at Kooyonga to play golf
- The Golf Shop will re-open for services and enquiries from Sunday 22 November. As per the social distancing guidelines of 1 person per 4 square metres, a maximum of 10 persons in total are permitted in the Golf Shop
- Lessons can be conducted from the Golf Academy as from Sunday 22 November
- The clubhouse will re-open from Sunday 22 November with capacity restricted to a maximum of 100 people
- Lunch menus will be limited for al a carte dining and the members lounge on Sunday 22 November due to constraints with food preparation and supplies
- One person per four square metres applies in each area of the clubhouse, with furniture re-arranged to reflect maximum capacities (i.e. a maximum capacity of 48 members is allowed in the members lounge)
- Maximum group size of 10 people is allowed in the clubhouse
- All food and beverage must be consumed while seated in the clubhouse, including outdoor terraces
- COVID Marshals will be on duty at all times and identified with a COVID Marshal Badge. Please follow all directions of a COVID Marshal, without exception
- COVID declaration forms must be completed by all guests visiting the clubhouse to assist with any contact tracing activities
- The locker rooms will re-open from Sunday 22 November with no new restrictions imposed
We would like to take this opportunity to remind members that we cannot be complacent and must follow the agreed guidelines of social distancing, practicing good hygiene (washing hands etc) and ensuring you do not come to the Club if you are unwell. We encourage any Members that have been linked to any of the venues listed on the SA Heath Alert to refrain from visiting the Club for 14 days.
If any member tests positive for COVID-19 you should contact General Manager, Brett Lewis as soon as possible on 0411 885 562. SA Health and the Chief Public Health Officer will coordinate a response with contact tracing activities and the Club will follow their advice.
We will continue to provide updates as they are received by the South Australian Government and/or Golf Australia.
We thank members for their cooperation and look forward to welcoming you back to the Club from tomorrow morning.