The Club is committed to the health and safety of its members and has been closely reviewing operating policies and procedures in recent days due to increasing concern in the community for the spread of COVID-19.
Committee and management have implemented the following plan to help prevent the virus from spreading.
If any member tests positive for COVID-19 you should contact General Manager, Brett Lewis as soon as possible on 0411 885 562. SA Health and the Chief Public Health Officer will co-ordinate a response with contact tracing activities and the Club will follow their advice.
Members who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be asked not to attend the club until such time as a medical certificate provides confirmation the member has satisfactorily recovered.
In line with the announcement from the Australian Government this afternoon, any member who returns from overseas as from today will be required to isolate themselves for a period of 14 days before accessing the Club.
If you have returned or have been in contact with someone who has recently returned from overseas that are considered high-risk areas for COVID-19 please also isolate yourself for a period of 14 days before accessing the Club.
As at 14 March 2020 high-risk countries include China, Iran, Italy, the Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore and Thailand. For up to date information and advice from the Australian Government, please click here.
For all other travel associated with countries not listed, please be aware of the symptoms associated with the virus. If you develop a fever or a cough, seek medical advice urgently and follow the guidelines for self-isolation.
We request that all members that have a cold and flu like symptoms, including a sore throat, cough, fever, body aches and pains avoid the Club and seek medical advice.
The Government has recently advised that non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled. At this stage Kooyonga does not have any upcoming events that would warrant cancelling under this advice. That said, every upcoming event will be considered on a case by case scenario and modified as required to ensure the maximum level of protection from transmission. Members will be advised accordingly of such changes if and when required.
Reciprocal & Visitor access to Kooyonga
We have decided not to accept any future bookings for member introduced guests, reciprocal members, interstate and overseas guests and corporate golf days, effective immediately. We will honour all current bookings and events but otherwise limit access to Kooyonga to members and their immediate family only for an indefinite period to reduce risk to members and staff.
Keeping our clubhouse and facilities operational for as long as possible is of critical importance during a time where members will want to utilise the Club while the Coronavirus disrupts their day to day lives.
To help reduce the possible spread of the virus, the following operational changes have been implemented at the Club, effective immediately:
- Please wash your hands regularly with water and soap for up to 20 seconds then dry them with a paper towel. Hand sanitisers have been placed in prominent areas around the club and we encourage all members to use these regularly when at the Club;
- Doors will be left open wherever possible, with additional cleaning practices implemented to wipe down door handles and other surfaces regularly during the day;
- We will go cashless and only accept electronic transactions including charging to your house account, debit or credit card;
- Shared sunscreen and deodorant items will be removed from the locker rooms;
- The sandwich fridge will not be stocked for self-service;
- The half-way hut will be closed for self-service;
- Any buffet style catering will be served by staff. No self-service is available until further notice
- Shared food and beverage items including cheese and biscuits, chips and nuts, salt and pepper shakers, water jugs and table glasses, will be removed as a precaution;
- Miclub score entry has been removed as a precaution with members to hand their signed scorecard to the golf shop staff;
- Drinking fountains on the course and water stations in the clubhouse will be turned off, with drinks available for purchase from the golf shop or clubhouse prior to commencing your round;
- We encourage members to keep a sanitiser in your golf bag or pocket for use on course after raking bunkers, using ball washers, holding the flag etc;
- We encourage members to maintain at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and anyone else while at the Club.
Committee and management will continue to monitor the situation and may be required to take further action which may involve the following additional steps:
- Closing the clubhouse facilities allowing ‘golf only’ access to members if a member of staff or club member tests positive to the COVID-19 virus.
- Closing the clubhouse and course indefinitely on the advice of authorities who are continually updating the guidelines to be followed by organisations including sporting clubs.
If you are worried but not unwell, please call the National COVID-19 hotline on 1800 020 080.
The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For the most recent updates from the Department of Health website, please click here.
We thank members for their understanding and co-operation and encourage you to continue utilising the club facilities.
15 March 2020